Stunning New Honeycomb Ytong Nest!
Available exclusively here at Queen of Ants!
Your ants will not be disappointed in this set up!
Ytong, or aerated concrete, is one of the best materials for ant nests. It has great moisture retention which allows for a more stable humidity in the nest, is porous to give your ants great grip and assists with cocoon spinning, and it is naturally mould resistant!
Our 'Honeycomb' Series nest consist of a honeycomb design ytong brick, housed safely inside a neat black acrylic case.
- Can be used standing up vertically or laying down flat, whichever you prefer.
- Direct water hydration hole at the top/side of the nest. No more messy mouldy sponges. Water is taken up by special capillary grooves in the back of the ytong brick
- Double removable lid with handle to allow ventilation, help reduce escape & make caring for your colony easier
- Soft rubber feet to prevent scratching. Feet are included on 2 sides for use either flat or vertically
- Transparent red front shield included
- Extra deep 25mm internal nest chambers for large capacity
-Super clear acrylic for crystal clear viewing and photography
-2x 10mm side expansion ports to connect an outworld or another nest when your colony reaches full capacity.
-Suitable for most small and medium size ants, approx. 10-500 workers (depending on size). May not suit some very tiny or large sized ants.
Dimensions: 85mm x 85mm x 50mm